Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One day at a time...

One day at a time...this is a phrase that I have heard an enormous amount just within the past couple of weeks, and its quite annoying. God knows I'm a planner and that I love to look so far in advance and dream. But that's not what he wants right now, "Isabel can we look at today, I want to show you something." and my response is always "God really, can we just think and dream about how great my life is going to be in 6 months, 5 years...can we just sit and think about all the gifts you are going to cultivate in my life for the future." And God is like, "that's nice; we could, but there are things here, today that I need you to be aware of for your future, things today that will enable your future." So God has really just opened my eyes to the fact that I can't be complacent with today, that I have to be actively engaging in the today's. That he has established specific things for me to know and see every single day. Daily surrendering, daily uprooting, daily pouring in, daily revelation. And I can't receive all of that if my mind is focused on the things I could be in 6 months. This was like God was saying wake up. Wake up and live, today! SO...

God I pray that you would open my eyes to the things you have established for me today. That i wouldn't be so distracted by the tomorrows, but that there would be a peace in knowing you are working daily in me to pull out my future.

Philippians 4:6 & 7
do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments: